Home | News | Calendar | Contact Us | Bids | Email Page

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hotter N' Hell is right...

Yesterday I experienced my first "Significant Weather Advisory." This was located on the lower left-hand corner of my TV and was in between "Excessive Heat Warning" and "T-Storm Watch."

A question: What on earth is a "Significant Weather Advisory?" I texted several Wichi friends and no one really knows what this is. The weatherman said, "Stay tuned, you're going to like the weather broadcast. We have significant weather out there." No explanation. No clue. Lindsey told me that once we were in a "Potentially Devastating Tornado Watch"...hmm..."potentially-" possibly  but not yet actual and "devastating-" defined as to destroy or waste entirely. Nothing better than a bit of completely confusing weather advice to get your day going.

I didn't know if I should hide in my parents closet as if a tornado was about to reek hacov on our town or if a cold front was heading our way. Being that it was 102 outside and a car temperature read 121, I'm guessing this was a heavy suggestion to stay inside. I left my iPhone in my car for about 30 minutes and when I returned to make a call, the cell said "Temperature Alert! iPhone must cool down before use." AMAZING.

I'm in Wichita Falls, Texas, a town with weather that will melt your face off, a town that is full of pools morphed into hot tubs during summer, a town that is hotter than hell and even the technology feels the blaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment